Storyist Forums

Default Folder X 3.0.6 crashes Storyist on Snow Leopard

Steve

Hi Folks,

This post is primarily for the Storyist user running 10.6.2 who is diligently submitting crash reports when Storyist crashes on opening or saving a file. (You have Storyist installed in /Volumes/Design/Applications/Writing Software/Wordprocessors/Storyist 2/).

First, thanks for submitting the reports.

The reason Storyist is crashing is that you have Default Folder X 3.0.6 installed. Default Folder X works by injecting code into other applications, so bugs in Default Folder X appear to be bugs in the host program.

According to the Default Folder X FAQ, version 3.0.6 isn't compatible with Snow Leopard:

Releases of Default Folder X prior to version 4.3 will not run reliably on Snow Leopard. You should upgrade to the latest version in order to avoid problems if you are using Snow Leopard.

I've tested both Default Folder X 3.0.6 and 4.3.5 on Snow Leopard and can confirm that 3.0.6 crashes Storyist, but 4.3.5 does not.

-Steve

• 3 weeks later...
This post is primarily for the Storyist user running 10.6.2 who is diligently submitting crash reports when Storyist crashes on opening or saving a file. (You have Storyist installed in /Volumes/Design/Applications/Writing Software/Wordprocessors/Storyist 2/).

Hi Default Folder X user,

I just received another crash report. You must be getting frustrated.

Unfortunately, the crash reports don't have any personally identifiable information, so I can't contact you directly. Hopefully, you'll see this post in the forums.

The crashes are caused by running Default Folder 3.0.6 on Snow Leopard. The solution is to upgrade Default Folder X to version 4.3.5 or later.

-Steve

Archived