Storyist Forums

item status and color

rjh18

I am looking to color code my outline. However when I double click the outline element and then right click I have options for item color and status. Unfortunately setting these to different colors doesn't seem to work. In addition I would like the colors to be reflected in the project navigator as well. Any idea how to do this?

Hi Ralph,

I am looking to color code my outline. However when I double click the outline element and then right click I have options for item color and status. Unfortunately setting these to different colors doesn't seem to work.

You probably have the outline background set to "Yellow Pad" (the default). Set it to "Item Color" (Right click and choose Set Background > Item Color) and you'll see the color coding.

In addition I would like the colors to be reflected in the project navigator as well. Any idea how to do this?

Storyist doesn't currently display the item in the Project view.

-Steve

Okay I figured how to set the background color of each element in the outline however still can't seem to figure out the following:

1. How to color code in the project view/navigator.

2. When I set item status nothing seems to happen. Where will this status show up?

3. When I change the font color of the text in an outline element it changes however when I click in another element it reverts back to black text.

Any help on the above is appreciated.

Hi Ralph,

Okay I figured how to set the background color of each element in the outline however still can't seem to figure out the following:

1. How to color code in the project view/navigator.

2. When I set item status nothing seems to happen. Where will this status show up?

3. When I change the font color of the text in an outline element it changes however when I click in another element it reverts back to black text.

Any help on the above is appreciated.

1. The Project view doesn't display color information.

2. Make sure to display the status column (Columns > Status). Storyist should probably ask you if you want to display a column if you set a property that uses it. I'll add this to the list.

3. This is a bug. You shouldn't be able to change the text color for outline elements. Color coding currently effects only the background colors for outlines and index cards. I'd like to add other options (text color is a good one). If you want, start a thread in Feature Requests so we can gauge interest.

-Steve

Archived