Storyist Forums

Scene Groups & Script

Konigsberg

Not sure how anyone else feels but it seems odd to me that every other section allows for files and groups, except for the Scene section, which only allows for Scene Sheets. I'd love to add the grouping feature, if for no other reason than for myself to be able to seperate my scenes into acts.

Also, perhaps I'm just too new to it and it's already there but I can't find it, but it would also be nice if there was some kind of way to have more than one script open, for revisions, old versions of scenes/scripts, etc....

Also I found that using the script doesn't import into Final Draft nicely, but if you use the notebook and just write in proper screenplay format, that will convert it to Final Cut with a simple copy and paste.

Hi Konigsberg,

Welcome, and thanks for the feedback!

Not sure how anyone else feels but it seems odd to me that every other section allows for files and groups, except for the Scene section, which only allows for Scene Sheets. I'd love to add the grouping feature, if for no other reason than for myself to be able to seperate my scenes into acts.

At the moment, the scene sheet hierarchy follows the script. One thing I usually do while writing is to create an 'Act' style and use it to mark act breaks. That way, both the scene lists and the scene sheets are grouped in folders by acts.

I'll post a tip on how to do this in the "Using Storyist" forum in a little while.

Also, perhaps I'm just too new to it and it's already there but I can't find it, but it would also be nice if there was some kind of way to have more than one script open, for revisions, old versions of scenes/scripts, etc....

You can have more than one project open, but only one script per project. This limitation and possible solutions was discussed in the thread Crossing the book boundary, Tracking storyline in a series. I think is a good suggestion.

Also I found that using the script doesn't import into Final Draft nicely, but if you use the notebook and just write in proper screenplay format, that will convert it to Final Cut with a simple copy and paste.

Interesting. How does copy/paste from the script itself perform? Could you provide an example?

-Steve

Archived