Storyist Forums

Questions on Storyist Link Refresh/Management

Help!

I'm trying to understand what's happening...

Here's what I did...

I created a new project from a blank template and then added a novel manuscript, plus plot, character, setting, and section elements.

I used 'edit' 'insert' 'link' to create three separate links on single words of text in the first page of the manuscript. I assigned each link to a different section sheet.

I edited each section sheet to create links to character, setting and plot sheets.

I manually deleted all of the section sheets, character, setting and plot sheets from the project window.

I deleted all links in the manuscript text page.

Nothing left but the Manuscript file.

When I selected 'edit' 'insert' 'link' from the menu again, the popup menu displayed all the deleted files and allowed me to select them.

I was then able to click on the links from the manuscript and pull up the story sheets i had deleted from the project panel. I was able to continue editing them.

However, the deleted story sheets did not reappear in the project panel. In other words, the old story sheets were active but they no longer appeared in the project file list.

I tried saving and re-opening the file to see if the pop-up menu would clear. No luck with that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Help!

I'm trying to understand what's happening...

Here's what I did...

I created a new project from a blank template and then added a novel manuscript, plus plot, character, setting, and section elements.

I used 'edit' 'insert' 'link' to create three separate links on single words of text in the first page of the manuscript. I assigned each link to a different section sheet.

I edited each section sheet to create links to character, setting and plot sheets.

I manually deleted all of the section sheets, character, setting and plot sheets from the project window.

I deleted all links in the manuscript text page.

Nothing left but the Manuscript file.

When I selected 'edit' 'insert' 'link' from the menu again, the popup menu displayed all the deleted files and allowed me to select them.

I was then able to click on the links from the manuscript and pull up the story sheets i had deleted from the project panel. I was able to continue editing them.

However, the deleted story sheets did not reappear in the project panel. In other words, the old story sheets were active but they no longer appeared in the project file list.

I tried saving and re-opening the file to see if the pop-up menu would clear. No luck with that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hi Opaleye,

The files you deleted are in the project trash and the links are still active. To delete the items from the trash, choose Project > Empty Project Trash.

To see what is in the Project Trash, click on the disclosure button at the bottom of the Project view.

-Steve

Archived