Storyist Forums

Linking Section Sheets to Manuscript Sections

Steve

In the NaNoWriMo forums, lilygirl writes:

I'm really liking it too!

The only thing holding me back (and maybe I'm missing something) is the ability to link together section sheets to portions of the manuscript. Like the way that I can click in a plot sheet and have it link to the section sheet, I want the section sheet to be linked to the manuscript. Instead of creating manuscript text and then a section sheet, I want the section sheet to be created when I create a new section of manuscript text. :-D Then maybe even that nifty little image in the upper right hand corner of the section sheet can be a link to that portion of the manuscript text. This way, if I move the order of some of the text then the section sheet moves too. I know...demanding demanding...

There isn't a popup menu to link section sheets to manuscript section (good feature request), but you can accomplish the same thing by dragging the section sheet to the storyboard for the section of the manuscript to which you want to link it.

1) Open your project and navigate to your manuscript.

2) Split the view and change the view mode to storyboard (View > as Storyboard).

3) Display your section in the storyboard.

4) Drag your section sheet to the storyboard.

If you want Storyist to automatically create a section sheet for you when you create a new section:

1) Select your manuscript in the Project view.

2) Choose Project > Edit "My Manusript" Preferences

3) Check the "Create sheets automatically" checkbox and choose a place for the newly-created sheets to go. (see screenshot).

-Steve

StoryistScreenSnapz003.tiff

Archived