Storyist Forums

Is this a bug or my computer?

mercedes von uppity

OK so I've spent most of this week trying to grasp the reformatting help, to change the outline structure of a project I've already imported.

Steve kindly put together an awesome screen cast, I did as it said - went to open the manuscript and...nothing. Nothing. I can open a blank template. I can open other projects. But the one in question, I either get a storyist project window with nothing but blank grey screens, or worse, I get a plain white square. (Without so much as even the "close" and "minimize" buttons int he upper left. I have to quit storyist in order to get out of it.

So is this some weird bug, or has my comptuer started flipping out?

Related to that, I am now scared to work on my other projects - is there a way you recommend backing up these projects so I can still get to them?

i.e. is it possible to save the file elsewhere and still access the text on a computer that doesn't have storyist?

Thanks - Mercedes

Hi Mercedes,

OK so I've spent most of this week trying to grasp the reformatting help, to change the outline structure of a project I've already imported.

Steve kindly put together an awesome screen cast, I did as it said - went to open the manuscript and...nothing. Nothing. I can open a blank template. I can open other projects. But the one in question, I either get a storyist project window with nothing but blank grey screens, or worse, I get a plain white square. (Without so much as even the "close" and "minimize" buttons int he upper left. I have to quit storyist in order to get out of it.

So is this some weird bug, or has my comptuer started flipping out?

If you can open other projects and create new projects from a template, there is probably something up with the file. I'd be happy to take a look at it for you, and fix it if necessary. I just sent you a PM with my email address.

It would also be helpful to know which version of Storyist and Mac OS X you are using.

Related to that, I am now scared to work on my other projects - is there a way you recommend backing up these projects so I can still get to them?

i.e. is it possible to save the file elsewhere and still access the text on a computer that doesn't have storyist?

Thanks - Mercedes

Storyist automatically backs up your projects (unless you turn the feature off). You can export to RTF format if you want to access the text on a system that doesn't have Storyist.

-Steve

Archived