Storyist Forums

Erase all styles

kramblings

Hello,

Is it possible to not work with styles? I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with them with an imported RTF document. The 'tab' key won't indent, the fonts are all over the place, and I don't want to work with any style sheets. If this isn't possible, how can I create a 'style' that I can apply to the entire MS without Storyist crashing (as it's done twice when I've attempted this)?

Thank you!

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

Hello,

Is it possible to not work with styles? I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with them with an imported RTF document. The 'tab' key won't indent, the fonts are all over the place, and I don't want to work with any style sheets. If this isn't possible, how can I create a 'style' that I can apply to the entire MS without Storyist crashing (as it's done twice when I've attempted this)?

Thank you!

Kristin

If the tab key won't indent, make sure that the tab key shortcut (i.e. "Pressing tab in an empty paragraph cycles through styles") is off in the system preferences (Storyist > Preferences > Text Editing) and that you have a tab stop defined in your text file.

As for styles, Storyist uses the outline level of the style to determine where your chapter breaks occur. You could certainly apply a single style to the entire manuscript, but you'd lose the outline in the Project view. I'd really like to see the reports for the crashes you experienced. Storyist obviously shouldn't crash, and I'll fix this for you right away if I can see what happened.

And if you'd like me to take a look at the RTF file for you, I'd be happy to do that. Some RTF files don't contain style information (Pages and many other Mac programs use the OS-provided RTF converters which don't include stylesheet information), so the font issue may be related to that.

[EDIT: Looks like Marguerite and I were replying at the same time. Thanks M!]

-Steve

Archived