Storyist Forums

Chapters and Groups cannot be deleted…

omegaman

For some reason I cannot delete (at times) a Chapter or newly created group folder. I also have blank fields appearing in the project sidebar with no page or folder icon? They remain invisible until highlighted.

Hi omegaman,

For some reason I cannot delete (at times) a Chapter or newly created group folder. I also have blank fields appearing in the project sidebar with no page or folder icon? They remain invisible until highlighted.

A couple of questions:

1) What version of Storyist are you using?

2) How are you attempting to delete a chapter? From the project view, or by deleting the text?

3) Are the blank fields in the manuscript or elsewhere?

4) Is this something that you can easily reproduce with, say, the default Novel template?

5) Is there anything about the "at time" part that would help me reproduce what you are seeing?

-Steve

Hi omegaman,

A couple of questions:

1) What version of Storyist are you using?

2.3.1 (1392)

2) How are you attempting to delete a chapter? From the project view, or by deleting the text?

Using GEAR>Delete

3) Are the blank fields in the manuscript or elsewhere?

YES. see attached. Note Chapter 32 and blank Chapter appears in Outline view.

4) Is this something that you can easily reproduce with, say, the default Novel template?

Don't know. I have customised my structure. Note: I added some Group folders at on stage and tried moving some of the Chapters into them.

5) Is there anything about the "at time" part that would help me reproduce what you are seeing?

Not really. The more you play with it and try to add or delete items seems to be the key.

Also note, sometimes when clicking on a Chapter your are not taken to that Chapter either by selecting it in the Projects pane or using the drop down menu selection (above the actual page)

-Steve

post-1434-0-54586200-1299908110_thumb.png

Hi omegaman,

Thanks for the screenshot.

A couple of observations (and things to try):

1) It looks like Chapter 32 no longer has the Chapter Title style applied. Try selecting the "Chapter 32" text in the manuscript and applying the Chapter Title style to it.

2) The blank item after Chapter 32 in the project view looks like an empty section. Is it?

Another way to delete a chapter or section is to simply delete the text in the manuscript. When you attempt to delete the chapter from the gear menu and it fails, are you able to delete the text?

If you'd like, I'd be happy to take a look at the file for you and see if there is something going on there. You can send it to the support address and it'll come straight to me.

-Steve

Hi omegaman,

Thanks for the screenshot.

A couple of observations (and things to try):

1) It looks like Chapter 32 no longer has the Chapter Title style applied. Try selecting the "Chapter 32" text in the manuscript and applying the Chapter Title style to it.

Has Chapter Style applied to it

2) The blank item after Chapter 32 in the project view looks like an empty section. Is it?

NO.

Another way to delete a chapter or section is to simply delete the text in the manuscript. When you attempt to delete the chapter from the gear menu and it fails, are you able to delete the text?

If you'd like, I'd be happy to take a look at the file for you and see if there is something going on there. You can send it to the support address and it'll come straight to me.

Tried applying a section (command + return after the Chapter 32 title (in the actual document) and this is what happened… see attachment.

-Steve

post-1434-0-60978800-1299909132_thumb.png

Archived