Storyist Forums

Issues with large TOC in Kindle .mobi doc

snackbarfilms

Are there any known issues with having a very large Table of Contents in a Kindle export? My book was exporting fine until I fixed all the chapters to export as a TOC. After I did that, all I get now when trying to export is an error code that says "Kindlegen error" or something vague like that. There are probably 50 chapters in this 1,000 page book.

Hi snackbarfilms,

Are there any known issues with having a very large Table of Contents in a Kindle export? My book was exporting fine until I fixed all the chapters to export as a TOC. After I did that, all I get now when trying to export is an error code that says "Kindlegen error" or something vague like that. There are probably 50 chapters in this 1,000 page book.

I'm not aware of any issues with Kindlegen, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. The next time you export your book, check the "Save the KindleGen log with my Kindle file" checkbox and mail the log to the support address. Hopefully, that will give us a clearer picture of what is going on.

Also, you've probably already done this, but make sure you have downloaded the most recent version of Kindlegen from the Amazon website.

-Steve

Archived