Storyist Forums

Can I use Storyist to create PDFs?

idrawcomics

Hi, new to Storyist and looking for something simpler to style than Scrivener, but which will also allow me to upload to Createspace (via PDF of the text) and create PDF versions of my books including covers (in addition to ebooks, of course). Are these possible with Storyist?

Looking through the forums, I couldn't find a recent answer to whether or not you can create more than one blank page prior to page numbers starting. Ideally, I'd want title page, copyright, dedication to all be page number-free.

thank you

Hi David,

Welcome to the forums.

Hi, new to Storyist and looking for something simpler to style than Scrivener, but which will also allow me to upload to Createspace (via PDF of the text) and create PDF versions of my books including covers (in addition to ebooks, of course). Are these possible with Storyist?

Storyist can create PDFs (File > Print > PDF), and you can specify page size, margins, mirrored pages and headers/footers.

Looking through the forums, I couldn't find a recent answer to whether or not you can create more than one blank page prior to page numbers starting. Ideally, I'd want title page, copyright, dedication to all be page number-free.

You can't create a single PDF with blank pages prior to the start of the book body in Storyist, but you can certainly generate the parts and assemble the final PDF in Preview. What most folks who are submitting to CreateSpace do is:

1) Format the manuscript as desired and generate a PDF using the File > Print > PDF command.

2) Format the front matter as desired and generate a PDF of the front matter as above.

3) Open the manuscript PDF in the Preview app.

4) Drag the front matter PDF and your cover image to Preview side bar and arrange as desired.

5) Save the file in Preview.

-Steve

Hi David,

Welcome to the forums.

Storyist can create PDFs (File > Print > PDF), and you can specify page size, margins, mirrored pages and headers/footers.

You can't create a single PDF with blank pages prior to the start of the book body in Storyist, but you can certainly generate the parts and assemble the final PDF in Preview. What most folks who are submitting to CreateSpace do is:

1) Format the manuscript as desired and generate a PDF using the File > Print > PDF command.

2) Format the front matter as desired and generate a PDF of the front matter as above.

3) Open the manuscript PDF in the Preview app.

4) Drag the front matter PDF and your cover image to Preview side bar and arrange as desired.

5) Save the file in Preview.

-Steve

Steve -

thank you for the quick response. I will try that out once the copy is edited and look forward to seeing the results!

thanks again,

David

Archived