Storyist Forums

Love Storyist, and it works with Dragon Dictate!

twoolever

Hello all,

I'm new to Storyist and still finding my way around it. I bought it because when converting my print book manuscripts to EPUB files, I had a chance to try Storyist free, and it provided the best workflow and final result more easily and efficiently than anything else. Now I am learning to use its many features while writing my next book. (I write non-fiction and don't need the character and scene sheets, etc, so have to adapt for that.)

Today I tried using Dragon Dictate (for Mac) with Storyist, and was thrilled to find that it works very efficiently with it. I had feared, as I have seen with other apps, that Dragon wouldn't work so well outside of its native notepad, and I would have to do the cutting and pasting thing repeatedly. But to my joyful surprise not only did the Storyist interface work well, I found that whenever I give the command, "New Paragraph" that the Paragraph styles selector appears for me to choose from. Steve, did you do that on purpose? Bravo. It now feels like my writing is going to soar with these two apps together.

Thank you, thank you, Thank you!

Tonia

Hi Tonia,

Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post a link in the Member Introductions and News section when your ePub is available. Good luck with it!

Regarding Dragon Dictate: I did test Storyist with the previous version, and found that it worked quite well. I'm glad the new version continues to do so.

-Steve

Hello all,

I'm new to Storyist and still finding my way around it. I bought it because when converting my print book manuscripts to EPUB files, I had a chance to try Storyist free, and it provided the best workflow and final result more easily and efficiently than anything else. Now I am learning to use its many features while writing my next book. (I write non-fiction and don't need the character and scene sheets, etc, so have to adapt for that.)

Today I tried using Dragon Dictate (for Mac) with Storyist, and was thrilled to find that it works very efficiently with it. I had feared, as I have seen with other apps, that Dragon wouldn't work so well outside of its native notepad, and I would have to do the cutting and pasting thing repeatedly. But to my joyful surprise not only did the Storyist interface work well, I found that whenever I give the command, "New Paragraph" that the Paragraph styles selector appears for me to choose from. Steve, did you do that on purpose? Bravo. It now feels like my writing is going to soar with these two apps together.

Thank you, thank you, Thank you!

Tonia

Archived