Storyist Forums

Styles coming undone

twoolever

Hello,

I'm having an issue where, even though a style has been applied to say, a subtitle or block quote or block of text, the attributes have ceased to hold. I know I have not changed the attributes in these instances. I noticed this happening because I have subtitles set to show up as level two in the outline, and at times, subtitle items which once appeared in the outline have disappeared. When I scroll through text to find the item in question, the subtitle still shows as having Subtitle style applied (in the bottom bar) and it looks right as far as font size, style, color; but I have to select it, re-apply the style, and THEN it appears back in my outline.

I am doing a lot of re-arranging in my manuscript right now, cutting and pasting and dragging items around; I have been watching to see if this is happening in relationship to my edits, but it seems random. Is this a bug?

Tonia

Hi, Tonia:

I have never seen this behavior except when I copy text to the notebook (say, to stash it for future use) and then recopy it to the manuscript. When the text reaches the notebook, Storyist strips out the Section Text style and applies Default Style (which is invisible unless you check, because the formatting doesn't change), and it keeps that Default Style when I copy it back. That's why I keep a separate manuscript now for stashing bits of text.

But you say that the text is retaining its style (although the fact that it begins acting properly when you reapply the style suggests that it isn't, really). So I don't have any specific suggestions, just a comment that it's not normal behavior or a known bug.

Perhaps Steve will have some ideas.

Best,

Marguerite

Archived