Storyist Forums

Writing goals not working

Tonymac

Hi all

I'm brand new to Storyist and absolutely loving it. I'm a professional writer from the UK, and I've always just bashed stuff out in Word. However I thought I'd try something different for my new project - a children's adventure story for Puffin. As I say, I'm finding it all revelatory, although I've only just dipped my toe into the deep waters of Storyist. My problem is that I can't get the Project/Session goals to fire properly. I imported several chapters from Word, and set my session and project goals, but it won't show my new word counts as i work, although the timers count down. I've tried it on a new project, and it works fine - but not on the one I've imported. Am I missing something? My apologies if I've posted this in the wrong bit of the forum, or if I've asked something that's already been answered.

Thanks

Anthony McGowan

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to the forums.

Hi all

My problem is that I can't get the Project/Session goals to fire properly. I imported several chapters from Word, and set my session and project goals, but it won't show my new word counts as i work, although the timers count down. I've tried it on a new project, and it works fine - but not on the one I've imported. Am I missing something?

The goal tracker tracks one manuscript at a time, usually the first manuscript in the project view. To track another manuscript instead:

1) Click on the manuscript in the Project view. (Let's say it is called "My Other Manuscript").

2) Choose Project > Edit "My Other Manuscript" Preferences.

3) Click the Use This File button In the goal tracking section.

-Steve

Steve - thanks so much - solved the problem!

As I' said, really love Storyist, but progress tracking looks like the one area that Storymill has a slight advantage - that blue progress bar is quite a nice touch. But everything else about Storyist is just so sweet.

Best

Tony

Archived