Storyist Forums

Front matter not showing up

Hunter Wolf

Hi guys,

New user here. Nice to meet you. So far, the ePub export is stellar. Looks amazing, however some of my information won't show up, no matter what I do. I have a page with the legal info, ISBN, etc, another page with teaser text, and another with the title of the book on a single page. Even after using the '#' and indicating sections so the pages are separate, the refuse to actually appear in my iBook.

I tried turning them into chapters, but then it shows up in the iBook as a chapter called 'Legal' (which contains the ISBN info, etc.) , which isn't what I want. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Hunter

post-1489-0-72338500-1312652776_thumb.jpg

Hi Hunter,

Welcome to the forums.

The easiest way to deal with front matter is to include each piece as a separate notebook file as in the attached screenshot.

When you export to ePub, just select these files in addition to the manuscript. The ePub exporter treats notebook entries as stand-alone "chapters" and takes the name of the chapter from the file name.

-Steve

Hi guys,

New user here. Nice to meet you. So far, the ePub export is stellar. Looks amazing, however some of my information won't show up, no matter what I do. I have a page with the legal info, ISBN, etc, another page with teaser text, and another with the title of the book on a single page. Even after using the '#' and indicating sections so the pages are separate, the refuse to actually appear in my iBook.

I tried turning them into chapters, but then it shows up in the iBook as a chapter called 'Legal' (which contains the ISBN info, etc.) , which isn't what I want. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Hunter

StoryistScreenSnapz001.png

Archived