Storyist Forums

Tab in Screenplay

Gusmcgee

I would love to keep the tab key in the extended keyboard when in screenplay mode. I noticed it's in novel mode, and tab works with the wireless keyboard, but I would like to tab through the elements with the virtual keyboard.

Oh, and PDF export!

Other than that, I think this app is perfect. Thanks for such a well-thought out tool.

Hi Gusmcgee,

Welcome, and thanks for the request.

I would love to keep the tab key in the extended keyboard when in screenplay mode. I noticed it's in novel mode, and tab works with the wireless keyboard, but I would like to tab through the elements with the virtual keyboard.

Including the Tab key in the extended keyboard in screenwriting mode was something I thought a lot about during development of the app. The tab key shortcut is well established in screenwriting applications on the Mac and PC, so if you're familiar with those, you would know immediately what it was for.

Since the iPad is all about touch and direct manipulation, I opted for the current control (see the attached screenshot if you haven't seen the app), which I think is probably more intuitive for newcomers. Unfortunately, that didn't leave much room for anything else.

Ideally, you'd like to be able to choose which keys appear there, maybe in the same way you configure the toolbar in a Mac application. This is the direction I'm leaning in for a future update.

Oh, and PDF export!

Agreed.

Other than that, I think this app is perfect. Thanks for such a well-thought out tool.

Thanks so much! It has been in development for a long time, and it's great to finally have people using it.

-Steve

FinderScreenSnapz002.png

Archived