Storyist Forums

Delete items from notebook?

madebymark

Hi, folks! I'm an advanced (and mostly happy) user of Scrivener, and have been for ages. But because I'm increasingly leaving my laptop behind in favor of my iPad, the lack of a Scrivener app for the iPad has me exploring what's possible with Storyist installed on both my laptop and my iPad.

Here's a very basic, very simple question related to the desktop version of Storyist. I added some test items to the notebook. Now, they can't be deleted. I've tried selecting them by clicking on them (I can see the blue outline around them), then right-clicking and choosing delete. I've tried selecting them, clicking the gear menu, and selecting delete. But the items persist, and I can't figure out why.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mark

post-1496-0-97973300-1312888367_thumb.jpg

Hi madebymark,

Thanks for checking out Storyist.

Hi, folks! I'm an advanced (and mostly happy) user of Scrivener, and have been for ages. But because I'm increasingly leaving my laptop behind in favor of my iPad, the lack of a Scrivener app for the iPad has me exploring what's possible with Storyist installed on both my laptop and my iPad.

Here's a very basic, very simple question related to the desktop version of Storyist. I added some test items to the notebook. Now, they can't be deleted. I've tried selecting them by clicking on them (I can see the blue outline around them), then right-clicking and choosing delete. I've tried selecting them, clicking the gear menu, and selecting delete. But the items persist, and I can't figure out why.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mark

You should be able to delete an item in index card view using the Delete function as you are attempting to do.

From your screenshot, it looks like you're trying to delete a folder titled Outline. Another way to accomplish this would be to select "Outline" in the Project view and press the Delete key.

You could also reveal the Trash (by clicking the up arrow next to the plus button in the footer of the Project view), drag the Outline folder to the trash, and click Empty Trash.

-Steve

Archived