Storyist Forums

iPad Bug re: word selection

AlexWolfe

I believe I've found an odd bug for the iPad version of Storyist.

Whenever I select text on even-numbered pages (for example, by double-tapping the word to highlight it), I am unable to drag the bars to the left or right of the word to change what's highlighted. In the same document, I'm able to highlight a word on an odd-numbered page and drag the bars to the left/right of it to change what's highlighted.

This is in a novel manuscript document. I haven't tested it on a blank document or in any other format. The behavior I described above is consistent with three pages of testing (pages 1-6). I was also able to recreate the behavior by attempting to edit the "Storyist Guide" that came with the software.

Hope this helps, need any help, let me know. Thanks for the otherwise fantastic software.

Hi Alex,

This is an odd one. I'm trying to recreate it now. Which pages of the "Storyist Guide" are exhibiting the problem for you? Also, it shouldn't matter, but are you using an iPad 1 or iPad 2?

-Steve

I believe I've found an odd bug for the iPad version of Storyist.

Whenever I select text on even-numbered pages (for example, by double-tapping the word to highlight it), I am unable to drag the bars to the left or right of the word to change what's highlighted. In the same document, I'm able to highlight a word on an odd-numbered page and drag the bars to the left/right of it to change what's highlighted.

This is in a novel manuscript document. I haven't tested it on a blank document or in any other format. The behavior I described above is consistent with three pages of testing (pages 1-6). I was also able to recreate the behavior by attempting to edit the "Storyist Guide" that came with the software.

Hope this helps, need any help, let me know. Thanks for the otherwise fantastic software.

Hi Alex,

This is an odd one. I'm trying to recreate it now. Which pages of the "Storyist Guide" are exhibiting the problem for you? Also, it shouldn't matter, but are you using an iPad 1 or iPad 2?

-Steve

Sorry for the late response, been busy.

When I was having the problem before, all the pages of the storyist guide exhibited the behavior I described. I'm using an ipad 2 now.

Last night when I was working, I had the opposite bug -- I was able to select and scroll on even numbered pages, while odd ones didn't work.

As I'm typing this right now, word selection works on all pages. I have no clue why. I can't think of anything I did differently than I did before.

EDIT: The problem is back. The only thing I've done since I typed the above is double-tap the home button and select e-mail/safari. Force quitting e-mail, safari, or Storyist does not solve the problem.

EDIT 2: I was able to fix the problem by dragging highlighted text on one page over to the second page. That let me touch and drag the blue bar around highlighted text as normal. Switching tasks into Safari caused no incident.

Archived