Storyist Forums

Dual Dialog supported

awhilliard

I'm new to Storyist, and am trying to get a lay of the land. Just wondering if there's a "dual dialog" function in the Screenwriting mode, like you'd find in Final Draft. Basically, two blocks of dialog on the left and right of the page, as two characters are speaking over each other. I use this feature a lot in my scripts.

If the feature doesn't exist yet, consider this a request!

Thanks

Hi awhilliard,

I'm new to Storyist, and am trying to get a lay of the land. Just wondering if there's a "dual dialog" function in the Screenwriting mode, like you'd find in Final Draft. Basically, two blocks of dialog on the left and right of the page, as two characters are speaking over each other. I use this feature a lot in my scripts.

Storyist doesn't support dual dialog.

If the feature doesn't exist yet, consider this a request!

Thanks

I moved the post here to the feature request area so others could see it.

-Steve

• 5 years later...

I ran into this issue today. It looks like you have a whole other thread on it too. Unfortunately, without this, we can't complete our scripts. I can't share the use case. But, there is a reason why all the major apps support it. Sometimes, you need dual action and dialogue. I'm in a tough spot because I have a deadline and switched to Storyist and would have to quit using it to meet my deadline. :(. Anyway we could get a quick fix? It seems like you could just highlight dialogue for the left and highlight for the right and just display it properly on print and extend the page to keep the page numbering correct. That what Screenwriter does.

While I am at it, I'd love a collaboration version of the app and would pay a monthly fee to use it.

Archived