Storyist Forums

Viewing Storyboards on Mac

robertsalsbury

I've slightly modified the screenplay templates to break my outline up into acts - just given the "Act" style a setting of Heading 1 - …so I can collapse an act in the outline to focus visually on the section I'm using at the moment.

On the iPad, there's a setting "Headings: Show as labels" which very handily does what it claims to…so I can see the whole show even though parts of the outline are in folders…Mac behavior seems different. Cards with child cards show as a stack of cards …so clicking on the document in the project pane just shows cards for Acts 1,2,3 in the storyboard.

Is there a way on the Mac to see the whole document – as a storyboard – in outlines which have nesting ?

-Robert

Hi Robert,

I've slightly modified the screenplay templates to break my outline up into acts - just given the "Act" style a setting of Heading 1 - …so I can collapse an act in the outline to focus visually on the section I'm using at the moment.

On the iPad, there's a setting "Headings: Show as labels" which very handily does what it claims to…so I can see the whole show even though parts of the outline are in folders…Mac behavior seems different. Cards with child cards show as a stack of cards …so clicking on the document in the project pane just shows cards for Acts 1,2,3 in the storyboard.

Is there a way on the Mac to see the whole document – as a storyboard – in outlines which have nesting ?

-Robert

Not currently, but coming. The iPad version is a little ahead of the Mac version in that regard.

-Steve

Archived