Storyist Forums

Project Overview

AlanaPaige

Hello! I recently downloaded Storyist for the NaNoWriMo trial, and I am loving it so far! I am hoping to use it to manage all of my story projects, and I wanted to see: is there a way you can view all created projects on one screen? And also, is there a way you can categorize projects, like: magazine article/parenting, or short story/romance? I am hoping to be able to open Storyist and then view all my current projects and then select the one I need to work on for that day. (I hope that makes sense!)

Thank you for your help!

Hi Alana,

Welcome!

Hello! I recently downloaded Storyist for the NaNoWriMo trial, and I am loving it so far! I am hoping to use it to manage all of my story projects, and I wanted to see: is there a way you can view all created projects on one screen? And also, is there a way you can categorize projects, like: magazine article/parenting, or short story/romance? I am hoping to be able to open Storyist and then view all my current projects and then select the one I need to work on for that day. (I hope that makes sense!)

Thank you for your help!

Storyist for Mac doesn't (yet) have a projects screen like the iPad version does. This is coming.

In the mean-time, you could collect your projects in a smart folder. To do this:

1) Switch to Finder.

2) Choose File > New Smart Folder. An window titled New Smart Folder appears.

3) Click the "+" button in the search bar.

4) Select "Kind" from the first popup button.

5) Select "Other" from the second popup button and enter "Storyist Document" in the text field that appears.

6) Click the Save button in the search bar.

7) Enter a name for the folder and check the "Add to Sidebar" checkbox.

8) Click Save.

You'll now have a folder that shows all of the Storyist documents on your hard drive.

-Steve

Steve, that's a great idea. Is there a command you can include to keep the Finder from listing every backup in ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Backups? I prune my backups from time to time, but I keep anything important. Doesn't mean I need to access them outside of Storyist though. ;)

I tried specifying location, but the OS seemed to expect a specific folder, which defeats the purpose of the smart folder.

Thanks!

M

Hi M,

Is there a command you can include to keep the Finder from listing every backup in ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Backups?

There doesn't seem to be. There are several folder-related filters, but a simple "exclude this folder" doesn't seem to be one of them.

-Steve

Archived