Storyist Forums

How to have two manuscripts in one project?

bspaggs

So I've read through similar questions but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'd like to duplicate my manuscript in the same project, so that I can fiddle with changes to it. I'm not sure if these are changes I want to keep, so I want to retain the original draft as well so I can go back and forth to see what works best. I don't care about bringing along collages or anything like that, but I do want to keep all the section headings so that I can navigate both manuscripts easily without scrolling up and down 500 pages. Is there any way to do this? I read that you can click on the manuscript, press option, and drag it somewhere else--the trouble is I don't know what that means. Where can I drag it to duplicate it? Thank you!

Hi bspaggs,

So I've read through similar questions but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'd like to duplicate my manuscript in the same project, so that I can fiddle with changes to it. I'm not sure if these are changes I want to keep, so I want to retain the original draft as well so I can go back and forth to see what works best. I don't care about bringing along collages or anything like that, but I do want to keep all the section headings so that I can navigate both manuscripts easily without scrolling up and down 500 pages. Is there any way to do this? I read that you can click on the manuscript, press option, and drag it somewhere else--the trouble is I don't know what that means. Where can I drag it to duplicate it? Thank you!

Yes, just select the manuscript in the Project view, hold down the option key, and drag it to a new position in the Project view.

-Steve

Hi bspaggs,

Thanks Steve! Unfortunately, while it does give me a copy, it doesn't give me all the chapter headings and section titles (on the menu bar) so I can navigate--just one big, long manuscript. Wish I could bring it all with me!

Try this:

1) Select the copied manuscript.

2) Choose Project > Edit "My Manuscript" Preferences.

3) Make sure the "Show outline in Project and Outline views" and "Show outline in Navigation bar" checkboxes are check.

-Steve

Archived