Storyist Forums

How to Set Default Manuscript Format?

vkier

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to set the default manuscript format for adding manuscripts inside a project?

I've successfully set a default new project template which creates an initial manuscript document that's in the correct style (Times New Roman, etc.). But when I go to add a second manuscript to the project, I get the Storyist default manuscript format, the one that's in Courier and contains the text explaining the basics of formatting.

How do I set it so that subsequent manuscripts within the same project keep my desired format? It's a real pain to have to start reformatting from scratch each time I create a new manuscript. I'm writing several different series that require multiple manuscripts in one project.

Thanks!

Vanessa

Hi, Vanessa:

The simplest way is to click on your manuscript, hold down the Option key, and drag in the Project View to create a copy. It will have the same styles as the original. All you have to do is rename it in the Project View.

It will also have all the text of the original, so click on the copy, then in the text window. Hold down the Command key and tap A (or choose Select All from the Edit menu), and hit delete. Then start typing.

See the screen shot for an example of a new manuscript created this way.

Welcome to the forums,

Marguerite

Archived