Storyist Forums

Section Sheets between iPad and desktop versions

cliophoto

Hello

I have just started using the desktop version for more than looking at what I have done on the iPad version which I use for everything I write these days. Trying to use more of the features from Storyist.

Laid out the next bit of writing I plan on doing in the Mac version which included setting up section sheets(first time) and transferred to iPad to fill out the section sheets. Yes I do prefer to type on the iPad.

When I took the project back to the iMac the section sheets that had been filled out on the iPad were not changed. Tried several times with both iTunes and DropBox.

Ended up copying the info from section sheets to a blank manuscript on the iPad, transferring to iMac and then copying and pasting from the manuscript which had the information in on to get everything in sync and the information back into section sheets.

Question. Did I miss something or is this known issue? Have not tried the character sheets or the other sheets provided, just the section sheets.

Thanks

Phil

Hello again

Might of figured out what happened.

If I deleted the file from the desktop before copying from iTunes it worked with the changes intact.

If I copied the file to a new folder that also worked with the changes intact.

No idea why this worked.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Hello again

Might of figured out what happened.

If I deleted the file from the desktop before copying from iTunes it worked with the changes intact.

If I copied the file to a new folder that also worked with the changes intact.

No idea why this worked.

Phil

So it sounds like you were trying to overwrite the version of the project on your Mac with changes made on the iPad. I'm not able to reproduce this here, so let me ask you a couple of questions:

1. Is this still an issue, or did the steps you mention above resolve it?
  2. When transferring to Dropbox, did you use the "Copy to Dropbox" command or the one-tap sync feature?
  3. If you look at the Dropbox revision history (you can get this from the Dropbox website), do you see your revisions?

-Steve

1. Is this still an issue, or did the steps you mention above resolve it?
  2. When transferring to Dropbox, did you use the "Copy to Dropbox" command or the one-tap sync feature?
  3. If you look at the Dropbox revision history (you can get this from the Dropbox website), do you see your revisions?

-Steve

Hello Steve

The steps I took by deleting the files on the desktop worked. Right now I am doing all my outlining on the Mac version and copy over to the iPad. Have not started writing other than outlining yet. When the time comes to start writing I will be doing it all on the iPad and copying back to the iMac for safe keeping and looking at things on the bigger screen while I am working. Hope that makes sense.

I used the copy to DropBox command.

The third one I only did once. I am not a fan of having my work stored somewhere not in control by me. I never really use DropBox. Just tried when I was having problems.

Will let you know if I run into this again.

Phil

Archived