Storyist Forums

Exporting Screenplay as pdf with Unnumbered Title Page

deanoism

I've written a screenplay, and I have a request from someone to send them a pdf of it. I'd like to include a standard title page that doesn't have a number 1 in the header. I've created a separate title page that I have stored in my Notebook. If I was going to print all this, it would be easy, I could just print out my screenplay starting with page 1 and then slap the title page on top. But how do I make this happen in a single pdf? Thanks!

You are doing this on the Mac, right? In that case, it's not hard. Click in your manuscript, choose File > Print and save as PDF. Do the same with your title page (this assumes you have already formatted the title page to look the way you want). Open both PDFs in Preview and drag the manuscript into the thumbnail of the title page. Preview should combine them. If this last step doesn't work, just Google "combine pdf files preview" and the exact sequence should pop up on the Web.

If you have the full version of Acrobat (not Reader), you can choose Combine PDF from the File Menu, drag the two files into the window that opens, rearrange them with the arrows in the window, and save the results.

And welcome to the forums!

Marguerite

Ahh, almost. The correct procedure is to open the first (title) page in Preview, open the sidebar to show the thumbnail, and then drag the icon for the other pdf (the screenplay) from the Finder over the thumbnail in the Preview sidebar. Then save. The docs are now merged into the first (title page) file. Thanks!

Archived