Storyist Forums

Display all index cards on one corkboard?

angiessa

Hi, all -

I've been using Storyist on my iPad for awhile, but recently got a Mac desktop computer and wanted to transfer the project over there. On the iPad, I can see all of the index cards for the entire project on one page, with the different chapter headings between them. I like that view, because it's a simple matter to choose/rearrange the cards.

On the desktop version, I get a screen with a blank card for each chapter, and I have to click into each one to see the individual scene cards. Is it possible to display all of the scene cards for the project on one screen, like on the iPad? I've attached an image showing how it appears on my desktop, as well as one showing my iPad screen and how I'd like to view the project.

Sorry if this should be obvious, but I've been hunting and hunting for the solution and I'm getting frustrated.

Thank you!

post-1968-0-23922400-1341601216_thumb.jpg

post-1968-0-57666500-1341601531_thumb.png

Hi, Angiessa, and welcome to the forums!

At the moment, this is a difference between the Mac and the iPad versions of Storyist. The iPad solution is more elegant, I agree. While Steve is deciding how to handle this, you may find this list, which he posted somewhere in the forums, for navigating the cards using just the keyboard, useful.

Best,

Marguerite

More generally, you can stay on the cork board, navigate around, and edit cards using only the keyboard as follows:

• Switching to Storyboard mode: Command+3.
  • Selecting a card: Tab/Shift Tab or Arrow keys.
  • Selecting multiple cards: Shift+Arrow keys
  • Editing a card: Press return when a card is selected.
  • Ending editing: Esc.
  • Inserting a new card after the current selection: Command+Return.
  • Moving to the enclosing chapter/group: Command+Up Arrow.
  • Moving to a child chapter/group/collage: Select the child and press Command+Down Arrow.

With the exception of Command+3 and Command+Return, these are the same shortcuts you'd use in the Finder to move around and edit items.

Archived