Storyist Forums

Removing Headers and Page numbers

Dan Waltz

Hi Dan,

Each file can have its own header/footer rules, which you can set using the Format > Page command. You can specify a different header and footers for the first page and different headers/footers for the left and right pages.

You can probably achieve what you're looking to do by putting the title, copyright, and dedication pages in separate files and removing the headers and footers from these files.

-Steve

Thanks Steve. I think I got it. Not important for the ebook version anyway. But I do have another question. How can I insert photo's or illustrations above each chapter and still keep the chapter listed in the table of contents? If the photo is above the Chapter name the chapter no longer shows up, but if the photo is just below the chapter name everything is fine. Is there a way to have the photo above the chapter title? Also when you change from Normal to layout view the photo does not resize to fit the smaller space. Is there away to make this happen or is a different layout for print version required?

Hi Dan,

Inserting photos above the chapter title is something you'd need to do by editing the HTML after exporting it. The ePub exporter relies on the the heading levels to create the TOC, so anything before the title would be listed in the previous chapter.

-Steve

Hi Dan,

Sorry I missed the last question. The image size is set on import, so if you import into a file while in Normal mode, you could end up with an image that is wider than the page. You can set the image size by dragging the image handles or right clicking on the image, choosing "Set Image Size" and typing in the dimensions you want to use.

-Steve

Archived