Storyist Forums

New Pages on Right Pages

Celotil

Hey guys,

I don't know if I've just missed the option or if it doesn't exist, but one of the things I'd like to have (if I ever get famous enough for hard copy publishing :)) is to have new pages, such as the start of a chapter or part of a book, on the right hand (recto) page; as like so many books I've read.

Now I know I could do this by simply starting each Chapter as a new Novel Manuscript but it does kind of break up the flow a bit, and by the way thanks to the developers for at least having the sense to start a new manuscript on the right hand page; something that I was just berated for grumbling about on the forums of another popular book publishing program.

For anyone wondering what the hell I'm talking about, go to the Inspector, Page Margins, and turn on Mirror Pages. Then change the view in the editor to 2-Up (right where the text size percentage is, just click on it, you'll see 1-Up and 2-Up there). You'll see that the first page of the document is on the right-hand page, just like a real book (woo).

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option of starting on the right-hand page under the Text Styles option of Paragraph Starts On New Page or Page Styles, so subsequent chapters/parts start on the next page after the last section, left or right.

Archived