Storyist Forums

Issues with new iPad version 2.0

rednoser

I'm glad to have gotten backwards search again in 2.0, but the search box on my iPad mini suffers from some behavioral quirks. First, after doing a search and returning to the search field after making a correction in the text now shows an empty search box while before it remained populated. I prefer it remains populated in case multiple corrections need to be made.

Then, the highlighted word is invisible as it sits under the search box and one has to pull down the page to see it. Less annoying is that if you change the settings in, for example "Match Case, it does not immediately "stick" and you have to exit search and return to it, which also differs from previous version behavior.

Another point is the insertion point, which is sometimes erratic in behavior in that no matter how much I try inserting a word or wanting to paste one, it highlights either the beginning word of the line I'm on, or the last word of the preceding one, no matter how often I stab at my target spot. I've been unable to attribute this to memory problems as it would return immediately after doing a restart.

I'm generally very excited about using Storyist for iPad as my 670 page novel is entirely written (thumbed, rather) in storyist for iPad.

Hi Rudulf,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look and if I can reproduce the issues, I'll fix them for you.

I'm glad to have gotten backwards search again in 2.0, but the search box on my iPad mini suffers from some behavioral quirks. First, after doing a search and returning to the search field after making a correction in the text now shows an empty search box while before it remained populated. I prefer it remains populated in case multiple corrections need to be made. Then, the highlighted word is invisible as it sits under the search box and one has to pull down the page to see it.

I had to rewrite the search functionality to support iPhone. I probably missed this.

Less annoying is that if you change the settings in, for example "Match Case, it does not immediately "stick" and you have to exit search and return to it, which also differs from previous version behavior.

Yes, sounds like a bug.

Another point is the insertion point, which is sometimes erratic in behavior in that no matter how much I try inserting a word or wanting to paste one, it highlights either the beginning word of the line I'm on, or the last word of the preceding one, no matter how often I stab at my target spot. I've been unable to attribute this to memory problems as it would return immediately after doing a restart.

So if you tap somewhere in a paragraph, it will position the insertion point at either the start or the end of the paragraph? I can't reproduce this on the regular size iPad. I'll try the Mini.

I'm generally very excited about using Storyist for iPad as my 670 page novel is entirely written (thumbed, rather) in storyist for iPad.

Thanks. Good luck with the next steps!

-Steve

Archived