Storyist Forums

Dual Display for Mac OS Changes

bigiggy

I use a dual mac display and have come to LOVE Storyist's ability to stretch out across the displays with my text window on the left and my index card view populating the right horizontal monitor.

I just read that Maverick's improvements to overall dual monitor functionality WILL NO LONGER ALLOW a program to spread across monitors. I'm hoping the Engadget article was wrong.

Comments, fixes and suggestions welcome. Meanwhile, this will keep me from upgrading my OS right away.

PS. Will the 2.4.4 upgrade disable my ability to work on multiple monitors? Hope not.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bigiggy,

The change on Mavericks is that a single window can no longer span multiple monitors. An app can still use multiple monitors by opening multiple windows, which you can do in Storyist by right-clicking on an item in the Project view and choosing "Open in New Window."

Storyist for Mac 2.4.4 (and 2.4.5) don't have any changes for multiple monitor support. It's all handled by Mavericks.

-Steve

I upgraded to Maverick(s)? - like it. Yes, I tried the "Open in New Window" and am so happy to be able to work in a single file in multiple windows. Actually more flexible than spreading one large window.

With text on both sides, a change in one side is reflected in the other.

With Storyboard on one side and text on the other, re-ordering the cards will reorder the text in the sister screen.

What I'd ALSO like to be able to do is use the STORYBOARD to navigate my text screen and I can't seem to make that work,

either linked, unlinked, clicked or option clicked. Is there a way to click on an index card in the Storyboard window and have the text window navigate to that scene (screenplay mode)? Thanks so much. This program has me writing again!

Archived