Storyist Forums

"Links Inspector"

JeremyH

Hi JeremyH,

Thanks for the feature request. It is certainly possible, though space is always a premium. Let me ask you a few questions:

1. What would you hope to accomplish using the feature?
  2. What part of your workflow (writing, editing, etc...) do you imagine using it for?

-Steve

1. I would like to have this function so when composing a section I can link the section to character sheets, setting sheets, etc. On the flip side I would like to be able to open a character sheet, setting sheet, etc. and be able to see all the sections that particular story sheet is linked to.

2. I imagine using it for reviewing and editing. Due to being a full-time employee and a part-time writer I have to put the writing down for days- weeks at a time. This function would help in reviewing what is already written and get me back to the "zone" of where I was before I had to put it down. I would predominantly use this for characters. It goes without saying each character has his/her own plans. I like to quickly flow through the sections related to a specific character to make sure that all actions/ dialogue for a specific character are staying consistent with what I'm trying to show.

• 3 months later...

Just another thought on this topic, I could see the proposed "links inspector" being one of the inspector choices visible when working in the "View as Storyboard" view. This view has become very useful to me and I believe the "Links Inspector" would work best here.

Archived