Storyist Forums

Keyboard Shortcuts for Story Sheets

JeremyH

I've searched through the forums but have failed to find a answer that addresses my question... so forgive me if this has already been addressed and direct me to the post.

Is there a shortcut key(s) to create new Story Sheets, specifically Scene Sheets?

I have moved a project over from Scrivener and creating scene sheets for all those scenes by the "Right Click > New > Story Sheet > Scene Sheet" method is so tedious.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Click on an existing sheet (works best if you pick the one closest to where you want the new sheet to be), then type Command-Return. You should see a new one sitting there ready for its name.

Works for pretty much anything in Mac Storyist: scenes, sheets, notes, etc. You can even use the Command-Return on a manuscript or a chapter and get a new section, although you might expect a new manuscript or chapter instead.

Holding down the option key and clicking the + at bottom left also generates a new "same as the selected" whatever.

Best,

Marguerite

Sorry. I realize that with Storyist 3 there is an extra step. Click on the folder where you keep your sheets, then click the Inspector. Click the left icon (not the paragraph mark). Under Contents, select Section Sheets (Scene Sheets if you are writing a screenplay). Then Command-Return will create new sheets and Command-/ a new folder.

My novel template came up from version 2, so it is set up that way automatically. Sorry for the confusion.

Best,

M

Archived