Storyist Forums

Trouble Saving Style Color

Chris

Hi, I'm new to Storyist so perhaps I'm missing something obvious but my text color does not save with the document or style.

I have set Storyist Dark Theme for everything but my paper color I have reset to white. Obviously I need black text.

In my document I change all my styles, including the Default Style to black and it all works fine.

But if I open the document again or save it off as a template the text color always reverts to white. It's incredibly frustrating.

Not sure if has anything to do with the fact I'm not working locally but directly from Google drive.

I'm assuming the styles are stored with each document.

Best

Chris

Hi Chris,

The various rich text file formats (Open Document, RTF) don't know anything about dark mode, so Storyist treats black as the default text color when reading the file and sets it appropriately for light and dark mode. This works fine if the app is in light mode or dark mode (with light text on a dark background--see the screenshot below). However, if you're looking for a dark text on a light background when the app is in dark mode, you'll need to let Storyist know you'd like the editor to use light mode. To do this:

1. Open the Theme pane in the preferences window and click the Appearance tab.
  2. Change the Text Editor Appearance setting from System to Light.

You can then use the default text color in each of your styles, and your text will appear as you want when the app is in both light and dark mode.

-Steve

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 7.53.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 7.53.37 AM.png