Jump to content
Storyist Forums

Storyist crashes


ChrisW
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

recently I bought the latest version of Storyist. Sadly it crashed on me on this occasions:

1) Open a Character sheet and filled in Information

2) Open a Scene sheet and filled in Information

3) Exporting a manuscript to epub and pdf.

To 1) and 2): I only used the standard templates that come with Storyist.

I had no other programs running. I used the latest version of Storyist on a MacBook Air with Big Sur (latest version of Big Sur).

I send crash reports to you.

Unfortunatly, I can't use Storyist as long when it crash in the above situations every time I use it.

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Chris,

I'd be happy to look into this for you. Unfortunately, I don't see any crash reports for exporting issues. Crash reports are anonymous. Could I ask you to reproduce the crash and include a reference to this discussion when you submit it? If I can reproduce it here, I'll fix it for you right away.

Also, could you double-check that you're running Storyist 4.2.5?

-Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Chris,

thank you for your answer. I checked my version of Storyist. It's 4.2.5, see the attachment.

Unfortunately my shift schedule for the next week is very tight. I'll try to reproduce the crash and send a reference to this discussion with it. Please bear with me if it takes some day to send it. I will also reply here to notify you when I send the crash report.

Chris

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 20.30.21.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Chris, 

Thank you. Let me ask you a few questions:

  1. Are you using the Word Count field? It looks like some changes in Big Sur can cause Storyist to crash when updating the word count. I'll have a fix for that shortly. Send an email to the support address if you'd like to try the beta.
  2. Are you using custom fields? If so, could you let me know the type of field (Text, Character, etc...) you created?
  3. You mentioned that two of the three crashes occurred when rearranging fields. How are you rearranging them?

-Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

The fix for the word count field went out to the beta group on Friday. If you'd like to try it, please send an email to the support address and I'll send you the link.

The drag & drop issue will take a little longer. In the mean time, you can rearrange the fields as follows:

  1. Remove the field from its current location if necessary by clicking the field label and selecting Remove Field from the menu.
  2. Click the field after which you want to place the new field and select the new field from the Add Field menu.

-Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Sorry for my late response but I'm on a tight time schedule in the hospital.

I followed your advice for the location of the fields. It works good for me. Thank you for your advice.

For the word count field, I would like to try it out. I'll send an email to the support address.

Have a nice day.

-Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...