Storyist Forums

Notes

sj77

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has already been addressed: Is there a way to keep the notes open in Storyist like one can do in Scrivener? I really like Storyist but the ability to see my notes as I type the main story is really valuable, and could ultimately drive me to use Scrivener even though it doesn't have all that Storyist has. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. And thanks so much for creating such an amazing product!

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has already been addressed: Is there a way to keep the notes open in Storyist like one can do in Scrivener? I really like Storyist but the ability to see my notes as I type the main story is really valuable, and could ultimately drive me to use Scrivener even though it doesn\'t have all that Storyist has. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. And thanks so much for creating such an amazing product!

Hi SJ77,

In version 1.x, you can have the outline or index cards open along side the manuscript as you write, but not notebook entries.

In version 2 (currently in beta), you can use multiple split views and multiple windows to view notebook entries as you write. The ETA for V2 thread has more info on 2, including a link to a (silent for the moment) screencast.

-Steve

Thank you, Steve, for your fast reply!

It looks really lovely. And that's what I really need, an ability to look at my notes, thoughts, scribblings, etc. at the same time I'm writing a chapter. Otherwise (and correct me if I'm not understanding something) it's the same thing as typing in one document on Word and then switching over to another document to look at my notes.

Can I ask when we can expect this new version? Sorry if that info is in the other thread.

-S

Thank you, Steve, for your fast reply!

It looks really lovely. And that's what I really need, an ability to look at my notes, thoughts, scribblings, etc. at the same time I'm writing a chapter. Otherwise (and correct me if I'm not understanding something) it's the same thing as typing in one document on Word and then switching over to another document to look at my notes.

Can I ask when we can expect this new version? Sorry if that info is in the other thread.

-S

Hi S,

You're welcome. Here is a screen shot with a little more detail.

As for release date: It was originally scheduled for late February, but the number of new features (over 30) and some Tiger compatibility issues have caused some delays. I'm a little gun shy giving an exact date, but it will be weeks, not months.

-Steve

StoryistSplitViews.png

Amazing! Love it. I hope it comes soon so I can buy it! (Am trialing it now.) Does Storyist also have a way to tag the status of a chapter? (First draft, Final draft, etc.)

Thank you, Steve!

P.S. I moved to the East Coast from the Silicon Valley several years ago! CA is my home and my heart and I'm very glad to use a product from a "local" company.

Archived