Storyist Forums

On Style Non-conformists

Steakpirate

I've noticed that when typing in Storyist with my own fonts and no futzing, text is assigned the style "Default Style". When typing in the default style, I've found it's often impossible to add tabs (indents) where appropriate. What is the criteria for being able to indent?

As a solution, I've just adjusted the font of the "Section Text" style and reformatted the rest of my text which I suppose is the way I should be doing things.

I've never had any hassle after that, but nevertheless I'd still like to know why the issue arises with the Default Style.

I've noticed that when typing in Storyist with my own fonts and no futzing, text is assigned the style "Default Style". When typing in the default style, I've found it's often impossible to add tabs (indents) where appropriate. What is the criteria for being able to indent?

As a solution, I've just adjusted the font of the "Section Text" style and reformatted the rest of my text which I suppose is the way I should be doing things.

I've never had any hassle after that, but nevertheless I'd still like to know why the issue arises with the Default Style.

Most folk just use a style with first line indent (like the Section Text style in the novel template).

You can, however, use tabs if you wish.

1) Turn off the Tab shortcut in the preferences.

2) Update the Section Text style so that it has tab stop definition. You can do this by editing the style (Format > Style > Edit Current Style) or by adding stops to a paragraph (using the ruler or the inspector) and choosing Format > Style > Redefine Style from Selection.

-Steve

-Steve

Most folk just use a style with first line indent (like the Section Text style in the novel template).

You can, however, use tabs if you wish.

1) Turn off the Tab shortcut in the preferences.

2) Update the Section Text style so that it has tab stop definition. You can do this by editing the style (Format > Style > Edit Current Style) or by adding stops to a paragraph (using the ruler or the inspector) and choosing Format > Style > Redefine Style from Selection.

-Steve

-Steve

I'm embarrassed to say that as much as I've futzed with Storyist, there's still a good number of useful features I neglect.

Archived