Storyist Forums

OPML Import

lenspixels

Is there a way to import OPML outline or mindmap files into Storyist as an outline? Thanks for any help.

Hi Lenspixels,

Welcome to the forums.

There isn't at current. I'm familiar with OPML. Which standard (or application) specifies the mindmap files you are interested in?

BTW, if you are technically inclined, you can write a plugin using the published API to implement the converter.

-Steve

Hi Lenspixels,

Welcome to the forums.

There isn't at current. I'm familiar with OPML. Which standard (or application) specifies the mindmap files you are interested in?

BTW, if you are technically inclined, you can write a plugin using the published API to implement the converter.

-Steve

Thanks for the quick reply!

The mindmap tool I'm using is MindNode, but OPML is a generic outline transfer format. An import filter for OPML would support just about any mindmapper or outliner. OPML output would be handy as well.

I'm afraid I'm not technically inclined enough to provide specs or write plugins. I have to rely on the skill and kindness of others for that.

Thanks for the quick reply!

The mindmap tool I'm using is MindNode, but OPML is a generic outline transfer format. An import filter for OPML would support just about any mindmapper or outliner. OPML output would be handy as well.

I'm afraid I'm not technically inclined enough to provide specs or write plugins. I have to rely on the skill and kindness of others for that.

Thanks Lenspixels.

-Steve

Archived