Storyist Forums

Are you joining The Frenzy?

Steve E

Script Frenzy begins April 1. It's free (although they wouldn't mind a donation) and it's easy. Just write a 100 page script in April. That's about 20,000 words, more or less (probably less if you have a lot of dialog). If you tried NaNoWriMo 2009 then you'll notice that this seems a lot easier.

Care to try your hand at a script? Storyist provides the template for the format as well as some instruction in the template. Script Frenzy's Writer's Resources provides plenty of instruction, should you desire it, for all kinds of scripts.

To be candid, I was very reluctant to try NaNoWriMo back in 2009. It does take a lot of your time. But it is also a learning experience. I learned, for example, how not to go back and tweak every few paragraphs. I am an inveterate and unrepentant tweaker. Now, because of the power and magic of a self-imposed deadline, I have learned to save the tweaking for the re-write.

So, three or four pages a day for a month? Are you up to it?

- Edward (Thoth) Jessup — My Frenzy nom de plume.

Script Frenzy begins April 1. It's free (although they wouldn't mind a donation) and it's easy. Just write a 100 page script in April. That's about 20,000 words, more or less (probably less if you have a lot of dialog). If you tried NaNoWriMo 2009 then you'll notice that this seems a lot easier.

Care to try your hand at a script? Storyist provides the template for the format as well as some instruction in the template. Script Frenzy's Writer's Resources provides plenty of instruction, should you desire it, for all kinds of scripts.

To be candid, I was very reluctant to try NaNoWriMo back in 2009. It does take a lot of your time. But it is also a learning experience. I learned, for example, how not to go back and tweak every few paragraphs. I am an inveterate and unrepentant tweaker. Now, because of the power and magic of a self-imposed deadline, I have learned to save the tweaking for the re-write.

So, three or four pages a day for a month? Are you up to it?

- Thoth

I signed up!

Archived