Storyist Forums

Something else kinda buggin me

If I create a character, or pretty much anything that has the same format as a character sheet. When I click New Character 5 or whatever the default title is, I'm used to when the entire text is highlighted when you start typing it will delete what is highlighted and begin typing. All word processors work like this. But on these special pages like character sheets that action leaves me typing 2 sentences before realizes nothing has been deleted. It appears you have to manually hit the delete key first to clear out the text area before you can begin typing. I would like to request to change this to when typing over highlighted text, the text is deleted and replaced by what the user is typing.

I'm confused. I opened Storyist, opened a script template, went to characters, and added a new character.

The character page in the project pane was automatically put into edit mode and highlighted so I could change the "character 1" to any name I'd like. I just started typing a name and it worked. I didn't have to manually delete the "character 1" title first.

Now, I made another sheet and didn't change the name. I clicked off it and then clicked back. Then on the actual page itself I clicked onto the character name. This didn't highlight it, so anything I typed was just added into the name that was already there. Is that what you're talking about?

Anytime I highlighted anything I could type over it without having to delete it. Did I miss a step in what you were doing?

I'm confused. I opened Storyist, opened a script template, went to characters, and added a new character.

The character page in the project pane was automatically put into edit mode and highlighted so I could change the "character 1" to any name I'd like. I just started typing a name and it worked. I didn't have to manually delete the "character 1" title first.

Now, I made another sheet and didn't change the name. I clicked off it and then clicked back. Then on the actual page itself I clicked onto the character name. This didn't highlight it, so anything I typed was just added into the name that was already there. Is that what you're talking about?

Anytime I highlighted anything I could type over it without having to delete it. Did I miss a step in what you were doing?

My mistake I said character name when I ment Summary.

Edit: This happens with notes too.

I can highlight the default summary text and type over it without having to delete it too. It doesn't however, automatically highlight all of it when I click into. Is that what you mean?

Or, I noticed hitting cmd+A highlights the whole page, and not the current section you're trying to edit, and trying to type over that doesn't work. Is that it?

If so, I agree. I would like to see cmd+A highlight the content of the section you are in, such as all the default text in the summary section.

I can highlight the default summary text and type over it without having to delete it too. It doesn't however, automatically highlight all of it when I click into. Is that what you mean?

Or, I noticed hitting cmd+A highlights the whole page, and not the current section you're trying to edit, and trying to type over that doesn't work. Is that it?

If so, I agree. I would like to see cmd+A highlight the content of the section you are in, such as all the default text in the summary section.

No if you double click in the summery or notes field to highlight everything, just typing does not delete the default text, you have to hit the delete key first.

Aha! I found it!

For me double clicking only highlights the whole word my cursor is on, which I can type over. However, a triple click highlights the whole paragraph and that is when I can't just type over it. I agree. I would like to see the ability to type over it be added.

Archived