Storyist Forums

Off to Comic-Con!

orrenm

It's that time again!

Michelle and I are off to lovely San Diego, California (only about 85 miles, actually) to attend the comic/sci-fi/fantasy/pop-culture convention of the year. Last year, we went mostly for the sci-fi movie and TV panels, but this year, since we're working on comics, we're going to mostly comic panels—some about our favorite comic books and creators, other more writer (for me) and artist (for Michelle) style workshops.

This year isn't as heavy with the movies as last year, although the Twilight fans are out in massive force; there have been photos running around the Twitters of Twi-tards in line outside the convention center for the Twilight panel since Monday!

This should be the second trip I take (the first was a business trip) in which I don't take a laptop, only an iPad. (I say "should" because I'm traveling with the wife, and she may take a laptop, but I don't think so). It's pretty amazing how fully featured they are for "light productivity" work and media consumption. By that I mean for watching movies, checking email or social networks or blogs, they're nigh perfect, and I can even do editing and some writing too—but too many hours, even using a bluetooth keyboard, and I long for my full-sized 27" iMac monitor!

Be nice to each other while I'm gone! :)

Orren

Archived