Storyist Forums

Selecting Single Sections

astillac

Sorry, that was too easy. I didn't do the first one intentionally, I swear.

At any rate, I was wondering if there was a way (that I'm currently unaware of) to select a single section within the chapter, or, for that matter, a single chapter within a manuscript. I am working on editing "Book One - The Stupid Beast That Refused to Die" and am wishing there was a select all function, perhaps by right clicking on the aforementioned section/chapter. I'm copy/pasting each chapter into Google Docs so I can work on it wherever I am, wherever the mood strikes - like on my new laptop, in the library... with a candlestick.

I also think Thoth(?) mentioned something about being able to print out chapters at a time, and while I don't remember how that was resolved, I think this would solve both issues, in a intuitive, non menu-cluttering sort of way.

- Calli

Sorry, that was too easy. I didn't do the first one intentionally, I swear.

At any rate, I was wondering if there was a way (that I'm currently unaware of) to select a single section within the chapter, or, for that matter, a single chapter within a manuscript. I am working on editing "Book One - The Stupid Beast That Refused to Die" and am wishing there was a select all function, perhaps by right clicking on the aforementioned section/chapter. I'm copy/pasting each chapter into Google Docs so I can work on it wherever I am, wherever the mood strikes - like on my new laptop, in the library... with a candlestick.

I also think Thoth(?) mentioned something about being able to print out chapters at a time, and while I don't remember how that was resolved, I think this would solve both issues, in a intuitive, non menu-cluttering sort of way.

- Calli

Sadly :rolleyes: it wasn't resolved...yet. But you can still print a range of page numbers like any common Word user. (Talk about a Stupid Beast That Refused to Die.)

Colonel Mustard in the Gazebo with a Flounder (don't ask what they were doing).

- Thoth.

In my head, this is an elegant solution to both problems. Right click on the chapter or section in the project pane, click select all, then print or copy as usual. In practice, I'm sure it'll be tougher than I realize. It usually is.

- Calli

In my head, this is an elegant solution to both problems. Right click on the chapter or section in the project pane, click select all, then print or copy as usual. In practice, I'm sure it'll be tougher than I realize. It usually is.

- Calli

Well, I like your idea and I think it should be implemented.

It should be easy enough. There is already a control-click pop-up menu for that stuff. How hard could it be to add "Select This" or even "Print This".

But only your Forum Administrator will know for sure.

- Thoth.

Archived