Storyist Forums

Style Editor - Style Selector

Steakpirate

I'm fairly certain this has been requested before, but it'd nice to be able to select any style associated with the document with a list (and sample text from the selected), so that any style could be edited without physically locating it in the document and clicking it.

In the spirit of instant gratification, I'll agree. A list of available existing styles (and a mention of the templates they are attached to) would be nice. But, in truth, it really isn't all that hard to find them.

- Thoth.

Isn't there a list in the Inspector, as well as in that little clicky menu at the bottom of the screen?

M

Isn't there a list in the Inspector, as well as in that little clicky menu at the bottom of the screen?

M

Yes, but only for your current template. (E.g. You don't see any of the screenplay styles when you're using the Short_Story template.)

- Thoth.

I'm fairly certain this has been requested before, but it'd nice to be able to select any style associated with the document with a list (and sample text from the selected), so that any style could be edited without physically locating it in the document and clicking it.

Hi SP,

You can do this now:

1) Open the Inspector and select the Styles tab.

2) Make sure the cursor is in the text whose stylesheet you want to edit.

3) Click the gray disclosure button (triangle) next to the style you want to edit and choose Edit Style.

-Steve

Hi SP,

You can do this now:...

If I create new styles for a new template and I'd like to import some of those styles into my current (standard) template, how would I go about it?

Probably should have put this in Using Storyist.

- Thoth.

Archived