Storyist Forums

Zoom in Storyboard View

BlancNoir

Storyist > New Project > Screenplay Template > Storyboard View

The zoom sizes are definitely inappropriate for the high resolutions of today's computer screens. Zoom Out is ridiculously small, I can easily fill up my iMac screen (24") with approximately 1700 index cards! Few movies have that many scenes. :)

On the other hand, Zoom In does not bring index cards close enough. I like to work on each in detail, in Storyboard view so I can instantly compare it to previous and next index card, and would definitely need the maximum zoom size to be at least twice as big as it is now.

zoomr.png

Hi BlancNoir,

The storyboard can zoom from 10% - 100%. While the minimum zoom (the 10% shown in your screenshot) probably isn't that useful for a 4-scene screenplay on a 24" monitor, it can be very useful to help you get a high-level view of a full screenplay (40-60 scenes) or novel (100+ sections) on a laptop.

Note that you don't have to zoom all the way out. You can use the slider or the zoom in and zoom out commands zoom to a level you're comfortable with.

-Steve

Storyist > New Project > Screenplay Template > Storyboard View

The zoom sizes are definitely inappropriate for the high resolutions of today's computer screens. Zoom Out is ridiculously small, I can easily fill up my iMac screen (24") with approximately 1700 index cards! Few movies have that many scenes. :)

On the other hand, Zoom In does not bring index cards close enough. I like to work on each in detail, in Storyboard view so I can instantly compare it to previous and next index card, and would definitely need the maximum zoom size to be at least twice as big as it is now.

zoomr.png

Archived