Storyist Forums

Storyist ePub files pass epubcheck 1.0.5

Steve

Another question I've answered a couple of times is "Does the ePub generated by Storyist pass epubcheck 1.0.5?"

It does.

You can check this yourself by doing the following:

1) Download epubcheck from the project site.

2) Unzip it.

3) From a terminal window, run this command: java -jar /epubcheck-1.0.5/epubcheck-1.0.5.jar

So why do you care? :lol:

Apple requires that work submitted to iBookstore pass epubcheck 1.0.5. Lulu, for instance, can help you get your book listed there.

-Steve

Another question I've answered a couple of times is "Does the ePub generated by Storyist pass epubcheck 1.0.5?"

It does.

Call it blind faith, but I never doubted for a moment. :lol:

Apple requires that work submitted to iBookstore pass epubcheck 1.0.5. Lulu, for instance, can help you get your book listed there.

I didn't know about Lulu, thanks! Other options are Smashwords, Bookbaby, and Bibliocore. I think that of these, Lulu, Smashwords, and Bookbaby will assign you an ISBN if you need them to, but Bibliocore requires you to have your own.

Orren

I didn't know about Lulu, thanks! Other options are Smashwords, Bookbaby, and Bibliocore. I think that of these, Lulu, Smashwords, and Bookbaby will assign you an ISBN if you need them to, but Bibliocore requires you to have your own.

And according to MacLife, if you do have an ISBN, you can fill out an iTunes Online Application and self-publish for the iBookstore directly. The application looks to me to be geared toward aggregators, though.

-Steve

Archived