Storyist Forums

sync of manuskript with iPhone

randomjo

just the manuscript not the full file, maybe via e.g. a google app?

Why not the whole file?

Storyist for iPhone (and Storyist for iPad) has been something we forum denizens have been kicking around for a while now. But Steve's legion of flying code-monkeys have other priorities at the moment. I'm pretty sure he's thinking about it. Give him time.

You mentioned Celtx: I think it's interesting how they offload some of their functionality to their website (Celtx Studio—for which Celtx charges). I don't know how comfortable I am with that but it is something else to think about (and another possible revenue stream for Steve).

Thinking thoughtful thoughts.

-Thoth

implementing just manuskript would help the writer (better than no sync) and is MUCH faster to implement.

the iPhone sync in Celtx does NOT cost ANYTHING. Not to be confused with the "Studio" service, which, of course, is nothing a writer working alone would be interested in...

Why not the whole file?

Storyist for iPhone (and Storyist for iPad) has been something we forum denizens have been kicking around for a while now. But Steve's legion of flying code-monkeys have other priorities at the moment. I'm pretty sure he's thinking about it. Give him time.

You mentioned Celtx: I think it's interesting how they offload some of their functionality to their website (Celtx Studio—for which Celtx charges). I don't know how comfortable I am with that but it is something else to think about (and another possible revenue stream for Steve).

-Thoth

implementing just manuscript sync would help the writer (better than NO sync) and is MUCH faster to implement. That does not exclude future improvements, but would be a start at least.

the iPhone sync in Celtx does NOT cost ANYTHING. Not to be confused with the "Studio" service, which, of course, is nothing a writer working alone would be interested in...

Why not the whole file?

-Thoth

implementing just manuscript sync would help the writer (better than NO sync) and is MUCH faster to implement. That does not exclude future improvements, but would be a start at least.

To me it seems like a half-hearted effort. Porting the whole program is the way to go (IMHO). But it would mean Steve would have to support two versions, simultaneously, forever! That's a lot to take on so...maybe you're right.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I was in fact talking about the functionality in "Celtx Studio" and not the sync necessary to upload to it. I thought it interesting that a Web site could extend a product's abilities.

- Thoth

Archived