Storyist Forums

Resetting Project and Session Goals

marguerite

Hi, Steve:

How do I reset the project and session goals? I have deleted my entire manuscript and begun a new one for NaNoWriMo, but Storyist still retains the old word count in its memory, even though I have emptied the trash. As a result, I can set a new goal of 50,000 words, but Storyist is convinced that I have already surpassed it, making the goals effectively useless.

Thanks!

Marguerite

Never mind. The goal reset itself when I began typing. Weird, but not a problem.

Best,

M

I agree that it's not a big problem, but a feature like this should be a lot more intuitive.

I think I'm going to make a Feature Request.

- Thoth

Hi M,

Hi, Steve:

How do I reset the project and session goals? I have deleted my entire manuscript and begun a new one for NaNoWriMo, but Storyist still retains the old word count in its memory, even though I have emptied the trash. As a result, I can set a new goal of 50,000 words, but Storyist is convinced that I have already surpassed it, making the goals effectively useless.

Thanks!

Marguerite

Check to see if your new manuscript is the active one for goal tracking. To do this, open the preferences for the and check the goal tracking setting. If it is tracking the manuscript, it will say "Storyist is tracking word count and writing time for this file." If it isn't, just click the Use This File button.

-Steve

Check to see if your new manuscript is the active one for goal tracking. To do this, open the preferences for the and check the goal tracking setting. If it is tracking the manuscript, it will say "Storyist is tracking word count and writing time for this file." If it isn't, just click the Use This File button.

Open the preferences for the ...what?

(Is this a post-Tiger thing?)

- Thoth

Archived