Storyist Forums

Word Count for Sections and Chapters

zelzahzadeh

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but I can't figure out how to get word counts for sections and chapters. I'm copying and pasting into MacJournal, which isn't exactly an elegant solution. Since we have the project word count in the inspector, I've been looking at the bottom control bar, trying to get it to show what I have selected in the left hand pane (Project View, right?) Is it possible to do this?

Thank you

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but I can't figure out how to get word counts for sections and chapters. I'm copying and pasting into MacJournal, which isn't exactly an elegant solution. Since we have the project word count in the inspector, I've been looking at the bottom control bar, trying to get it to show what I have selected in the left hand pane (Project View, right?) Is it possible to do this?

Thank you

Hi Zel.

There are a couple of ways to do this. One way you sort of half did with your cut and paste to MacJournal. When you select text in the Manuscript View the word count of what was selected immediately appears down in the Word Count placard (which normally shows the total word count).

Another way is to switch to Outline mode with the Word Count column displayed. Currently this displays Section counts but does not sum to Chapters. To display the Word Count column go to the Gear button in the Outline mode and select Columns>Word Count from the pop-up.

-Thoth

Thanks, Thoth. I have no idea how missed it in the word count placard. I was looking right at it must must have selected the text incorrectly...or something. Thank you!

You just have to highlight it via selection.

And, your welcome.

- Thoth

Archived