Storyist Forums

Format for Kindle mobi.

Mugglebee

Exported manuscript to Kindle from Storyist and everything came out as expected, except no first line indent. It picked up the paragraph breaks, but the indent in every instance is only one character space. When submitted, the convert tabs to first line indent was selected and the body text style set at 0.5 for first line indent and it looked good in Storyist. I tried changing it back to tabs and everything else I could think of but nothing seems to make any difference. I am using Kindle for Mac for Kindlegen, and Kindle previewer to view the result of the formatting. Short of going into the HTML files is there anything I can do on the Storyist end, I am not competent in HTML.

Hi Muggs,

Exported manuscript to Kindle from Storyist and everything came out as expected, except no first line indent.

I am using Kindle for Mac for Kindlegen, and Kindle previewer to view the result of the formatting.

For whatever reason, the default first line indentation on Kindle for Mac is only a space wide. I expect Amazon will eventually fix this.

You should see the proper indentation using Kindle Previewer and on actual Kindle devices.

Note: If you do want to use an indentation that is different from the Kindle default, you'll need to do this in the HTML/CSS for the project. There is some information in this thread about how to do that.

-Steve

Thanks, Steve, I thought it might be something like that. I appreciate the quick response. So far your program has been a big help and I hope to have my ebook up on iTunes, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble before the end of the month.

Good luck Muggs! Be sure to post links when you do.

-Steve

Archived