Storyist Forums

Giving a section a status

xmasguy

So, I'm looking at the features on Storyist and converting my 2010 NaNoWriMo novel over from Scrivener to do a revision. My question is how can I mark a section as "done"? Scrivener let you mark/label sections as "Final Draft", "First Draft", etc.

What do you guys do?

Hi Mikey,

So, I'm looking at the features on Storyist and converting my 2010 NaNoWriMo novel over from Scrivener to do a revision. My question is how can I mark a section as "done"? Scrivener let you mark/label sections as "Final Draft", "First Draft", etc.

What do you guys do?

To set status on a project item:

1) Switch to Outline view.

2) Make sure the status column is visible (choose Column > Status in the action menu at the bottom of the view).

3) Select the status from the popup.

You can edit the list of available statuses by choosing Set Item Status > Edit List from the action menu.

-Steve

Hi Mikey.

What do you guys do?

The method Steve describes above is what I do, mostly.

But since you asked, I often use appropriately-named Bookmarks to identify the exact parts of sections that need further work. For long sections this is vastly superior to simply identifying the entire section as needing work. I sometimes throw in a Comment next to the Bookmark for any notes I have for the fix.

Pre-Bookmarks, I used to append an asterisk (or a number) to the Section names of sections that still needed attention.

Anybody out there use color index cards for status? I seem to remember someone talking about that.

Hope that helps.

- Thoth

Hi Mikey,

To set status on a project item:

1) Switch to Outline view.

2) Make sure the status column is visible (choose Column > Status in the action menu at the bottom of the view).

3) Select the status from the popup.

You can edit the list of available statuses by choosing Set Item Status > Edit List from the action menu.

-Steve

That works perfectly and is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Archived