Storyist Forums

Cannot get a support ticket, system does not respond.

janiemac13

Hi Steve -- I bought a boxed copy of Storyist as a gift for my mother on Amazon.com about 10 days ago. It did not come with any license code in the box. She has checked all of the packaging repeatedly, and can see a spot with a slit where it appears the license code ought to go, but there is none there. Please help! My contact information is below. I have sent 3 emails to your support@storyist.com address, and have never received any automated reply. I'm trying the forums out of desperation, since I can find no other way to reach you. I do have a copy of my Amazon receipt/invoice, but would rather not post it to a public forum. If you could please email me at the below address, I will reply with a copy of the invoice.

Thank you!

Jane McLaughlin

Hi Jane,

The license codes are on the CD sleeve in the box. I'm happy to help with a replacement license, and just sent you an email.

Thanks also for the information on the ticket system. The site has been spam-bombed a couple times recently, and it could be that your ticket request was lost or marked as spam. I assume the request was from the email address you listed, and I'll take a look first thing in the morning.

If anyone else experiences this problem, please send me a PM here at the forums.

-Steve

Hi Steve -- I bought a boxed copy of Storyist as a gift for my mother on Amazon.com about 10 days ago. It did not come with any license code in the box. She has checked all of the packaging repeatedly, and can see a spot with a slit where it appears the license code ought to go, but there is none there. Please help! My contact information is below. I have sent 3 emails to your support@storyist.com address, and have never received any automated reply. I'm trying the forums out of desperation, since I can find no other way to reach you. I do have a copy of my Amazon receipt/invoice, but would rather not post it to a public forum. If you could please email me at the below address, I will reply with a copy of the invoice.

Thank you!

Jane McLaughlin

Problem solved! Thank you to Steve, and to Thoth for the tip. My mom just wasn't looking in the right place. She is, after all, over 60 (ouch!) and could hardly use a computer at all until she discovered the iMac... ;) I can only say that here because I know she hasn't figured out how to get on these forums yet. :P

Problem solved! Thank you to Steve, and to Thoth for the tip.

You are very welcome. Always glad to help.

My mom just wasn't looking in the right place. She is, after all, over 60 (ouch!) and could hardly use a computer at all until she discovered the iMac... ;) I can only say that here because I know she hasn't figured out how to get on these forums yet. :P

Jane, I turned 57 today, and I cut my (metaphoric) teeth on a Z80.

Don't underestimate us geezers.

-Thoth

Jane,

Glad your mom is all set. I hope she decides to join us here in the forums.

Jane, I turned 57 today, and I cut my (metaphoric) teeth on a Z80.

Don't underestimate us geezers.

-Thoth

Happy Birthday Thoth!

-Steve

Thanks also for the information on the ticket system. The site has been spam-bombed a couple times recently, and it could be that your ticket request was lost or marked as spam. I assume the request was from the email address you listed, and I'll take a look first thing in the morning.

For the archives: There were several very large (apparently spam) files that caused a number of support request to get "stuck" in the queue. They are stuck no longer. No tickets were lost, and you should now have received an automated response to tickets you opened. I've contacted the vendor to see what can be done to prevent this from happening again.

-Steve

Yes, I had four responses in my in box this morning. Two of them were in response to feedback sent in directly from my iPad, and the other two to messages sent from my Mac (i.e., I received one message each in response to four bug reports I sent, not four responses to a single bug report). The system seems to be working fine now.

Best,

Marguerite

Archived