Storyist Forums

Importing Style Sheets

CorStellae

I have another question concerning styles. My manual has three modules or parts. So I want them as three separate "manuscripts", so to speak. I managed to import two of those modules into Storyist. I've been the whole day setting styles and applying them to the text to the first of these "manuscripts" (it looks like a folder on the left outline pane). Now, by the end of the day, I import the second module, as a new folder or document inside the same project. So I find the strangest thing: I have two different style palettes: one for module 1, and one for module 2.

The whole point of bringing the second module into the same project was to avoid to create a new style palette. Is there a way that a single style palette applies to all the documents inside the same Storyist project?

Now I'm trying to import the style sheet from one Storyist project to another. First of all, the menu item wasn't where the help and the manual say it is. I didn't find it under "Edit", but under "Format > style". Second, when the dialog box opens, where the list of styles should appear, nothing appears at all. It's blank. That way, I can't complete the import process. Surely I'm doing something wrong somewhere, somehow, but what or where?

Please, help! :(

Hi CorStellae,

Stylesheets are local to the document. There isn't a concept of a global (project-wide) style sheet in version 2. You can also import styles from RTF documents, so one way to accomplish what you're trying to do with your three volumes would be:

1) Pick a text document in the project that has the styles set up as you'd like them.

2) Export this file as RTF using the File > Export command.

3) Import the styles into the remaining documents using the Format > Styles > Import Styles command.

Thanks for the tip on the docs. I've updated the importing styles section.

I'll take a look at the styles with bulleted paragraph issues next and let you know what I find.

-Steve

Archived